PRE-ENGINEERED BUILDINGS (PEBS) ADVANTAGES
1/ Low initial cost due to:
– The use of tapered built up structural members (Columns & Rafters);
– The use of Z shaped secondary members (Purlins & Girts) that allows overlapping;
– Foundation are fewer and lighter.
2/ Superior Product Quality:
– Design Quality is consistent and is based on latest design in USA Codes.
– Welding is done by professional welders.
– Materials are ordered as per recognized standard.
– Fabrication is done as per a Quality Plan.
3/ Fast Project Construction:
– Anchor Bolts are delivered earlier than the Building.
– Buildings are fabricated and delivered within a short period due to standardisation.
– Fast erection because all members are field bolted.
4/ Functional Versatility: – Modular construction.
– Large clear Spans (up to 100m).
– Long Bay Spacing (up to 13m without Jack Beams).
– Buildings are easily expandable on all sides (allowing for future expansion).
5/ Architectural Flexibility:
– Aesthetic features such as fascias, parapets and curved eaves greatly improve the appearance of the building.
– Flashing and Trims are available in different shapes and colors.
– A wide range of wall and roof sheeting.
– Readily available interface details between steel and other materials (glazing, block wall, curtain wall, etc.).
6/ Low Maintenance and Operating Costs:
– Virtually no maintenance required for all panels.
– Roof requires only periodic cleaning.
– Annual washing of Eave Gutters.
– Watertight roofs.
– Energy efficient roof and wall systems through usage of insulation.