When steel structure is put into use, it must meet certain standards. In particular, this set of standards is the basis for investors and contractors to make choices to use for the project.
1. What is steel structure?
Steel structure or steel frame structure is defined as a metal structure with strong load bearing capacity. This structure is used for constructions that have the scale of area which is constructed of steel.
In construction, steel structures are selected for use for factory structures, factories, manufacturers; civil works: garages, wharves, airport infrastructure, restaurants …
Steel structures are divided into categories:
- Frame structure
- Grid structure
- Truss structure
- Bridge structures: beams, cables, arches, suspensions, trusses
2. What are the standards of steel structure?
The standards of steel structures are intended to determine the quality of steel structures when used for constructions.
For example, the constructions are required to meet the standards of Vietnam, Australia, USA, UK, Europe.
Once the set of standards has been identified, this will be the basis for the construction, control and acceptance of steel structure constructions.
3. Steel structural standards in Vietnam
Currently, the standard of steel structure is the national standard TCVN 5575: 2012. This standard has the following features:
- Originating from Russia with the code SNIP II -23 – 81, compiled by the Institute of Construction Science and Technology – Ministry of Construction, Ministry of Construction proposed, General Department of Standards and Quality appraisal, Ministry of Science and Technology announced.
- As the National Standard as prescribed in Clause 1, Article 69 of the Law on Standards and Technical Regulations and Point B, Clause 2, Article 7 of the Government’s Decree No. 127/2007/ND-CP on August 1st, 2007 that detailing the implementation of a number of articles of the Law on Standards and Technical Regulations.
- Applicable to steel structural design of civil and industrial constructions; not used to design transport and irrigation constructions such as bridges, road constructions, valve doors, pipes,…
- TCVN 5575: in 2012, apply the restricted state method with safety coefficients for load, materials, working conditions …
- TCVN 5575: in 2012, focus on hardness, does not accept the deformation of the shape of the structure.
- TCVN 5575 : in 2012, apply the formula:
- Calculation intensity = standard intensity / material safety coefficient.
- Calculation load = standard load / overlay factor (load reliability coefficient)
In case the steel structure has many effective loads, add the simultaneous load reduction coefficient of the loads.
TCVN 5575: in 2012, used as a calculated load for steel structure with specific regulations for wind coefficient, aerodynamic coefficient …
4. Standards for construction of steel structures in Pebsteel
At Pebsteel, steel structure construction standards are applied in accordance with the latest design and construction standards.
- Welding Standard – AWS.
- Load standard – ASCE.
- Cold Rolled Steel Design Standard – AISI.
- Steel structural design standard – AISC.
These standards have contributed to Pebsteel to create international quality steel buildings.
Here’s some information about steel structure standards. This standard and a number of factors have created quality steel buildings and construction works. If you have questions that need to be answered, please contact at the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone number +84 908 883531 for specific advice.